News Release: 10/23/2017
What to Remember When Choosing a Medicare Plan
The Medicare Annual Election Period takes place this fall from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7. It’s a time for people with Medicare to make important decisions about their health care, such as whether to consider Medicare Advantage plans or Medicare Prescription Drug Plans.
Medicare beneficiaries should remember the following when looking at their options for 2018:
By Rick Beavin, California Market Medicare President for Humana
- Analyze your previous year’s plan; assess the most affordable option for the coming year; and consider the total value of prospective Medicare plans.
- Make a list of your medications and consider prescription drug plan options that include mail-order.
- Consider plans offering personalized care and fitness programs.
- If you are married, review your health, budget and lifestyle needs, as well as doctors and hospitals, and decide whether to enroll in the same or different plans.
- Seek out free resources, such as licensed Medicare health insurance agents, Medicare.gov or Humana.com/Medicare. Or